Tool #3 Wordle "Word Cloud"

Wordle: kind words

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tool#11 Practicing good digital citizenship

Hip-Hip-Hooray! I am on the last tool...Tool#11...so exciting! This tool focuses on discussing at least three things I would want to make sure my students understood about being good digital citizens. I will also explain how I would "teach" the idea of digital citizenship to my students.

Three things I would want my students to understand about being good digital citizens:
1. Abusing technology is INAPPROPRIATE!
2. Keep personal information PRIVATE is important
3. Citing your sources is FAIR

I would "teach" the idea of digital citizen like any other concept...we will create a list of ideas that we believe a good digital citizen posses. Then we will role play/model some of the ideas and then we would implement them. Keeping a checklist of "What a good digital citizen is or should be" next to the computer will serve as a reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment